High Pressure Stem Guided Non-Balanced Control Valves
Kimray High Pressure Stem Guided Non-Balanced Control Valves
These 1” and 2” high pressure, stem guided, non-balanced control valves can be used as a dump valve or pressure regulator. In this instance, “stem-guided” refers to the stem itself guiding the trim into its seat and “non-balanced” means that the pressure above the trim seat is not counterbalanced by the same pressure below. All valves in this series have the option of emissions-free electric actuation.
All of Kimray’s stem guided valves have smaller trim sizes for smaller valve coefficients (Cv) when compared to the cage guided series.
- Upstream or downstream control
- Temperature: -20°F , 250°F (Options available for higher temperatures)
- Cold working maximum pressure up to 6000 psig
- Standard actuator is made from Ductile Iron (ASTM-A395)
- Electric actuation using VSI’s JBT open yoke lifter
- Capable of 45 psig (3.1 bar) diaphragm pressure for actuation
- Reversibleactuator allows simple change from “fail open” to “fail close” with no extra parts required
- Equal percentage trim for throttling service.
- Quick opening trim for on/off service.
- Linear trim (Nominal).
- Class IV seat FCI 70.2.
- Non-lube stem seal
- Live load packing
- Open yoke design
- Allows for position indicator to be easily seen from any direction.
- Stem position scale on all models
- Allows trapped process gas to escape to the atmosphere if packing box assembly leaks
- Four bolts hold actuator to the valve body for easy access to trim components
- Standard globe valve body is made from cast steel A216-WCB, CF8M & LCC.
- 1” and 2” connection sizes
- Through or angle body types
- NPT, flanged, or socket weld connections
- Electric actuation option utilizing VSI’s JBT open yoke lifter
- Pressure opening or pressure closing actuation, or pneumatic, single acting actuation
- Trim material and capacity
- “65 Topworks” actuator with an adjustable spring from 10 psig to 30 psig (0.68 bar to 2 bar) made from 1018CW, ASTM 108 steel
- Multiple spring options
- Special material available for sour service application in accordance with the requirements of NACE specification MR0175